Wednesday 10 June 2020

When Google CEO told to Raise Hopes in Graduates, my father had spent the year earning for my flight


In the 2020 Virtual Graduation Ceremony, Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google, recalled his journey that he could go to America to study at Stanford University, for which his father spent his one year earning.

 Google's CEO (Chief Executive Officer) Sundar Pichai recalls his first trip to the US to tell that he could go to America to study at Stanford University, for which his father spent his one year earning. Sundar Pichai was speaking on Monday in a virtual graduation ceremony being given to students for the 2020 graduation. He also gave a special message to the students in his speech - 'Be open, be impatient, be hopeful' (keep an open mind, be impatient, be full of hope). Due to the Kovid-19 epidemic, this time the 2020 graduating students have not received their special graduation ceremonies, due to which they are being awarded virtually. Pichai also took part in this ceremony from his home.

Pichai in his speech told the students how to stay positive even in difficult circumstances. He recalled his trip to America for this and told him how difficult it was for him at that time and how many challenges he faced while coming to Stanford University. He told, 'My father had to spend the same amount of his year-long salary to buy a flight ticket to America so that I could come to Stanford and study. This was my first flight… and America was very expensive. I had to spend $ 2 a minute to make a phone call at home. At the same time, the cost of one bag was equal to one month salary of my father.

Pichai also reminded the students about the fact that today's generation has access to technology, whereas it was not so in his time. He said, 'I grew up without technology. We did not have a telephone in my house until I was 10 years old. I did not have regular computer access until I arrived in America. And when we had the TV for the first time, there was only one channel on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment